Another chain post, but because thecoffeecup tagged me as a fellow Sondheimite I feel like I must obey.
The Premise is: You can tell a lot about someone by the music they listen to. Hit shuffle on your iPod/iPhone/iTunes/media player and write down the first 10 songs. Then pass this onto
10 people two Sondheim lovers.
1. Million Dollar Man – Lana Del Rey (Born To Die)
2. Reflection – Mulan (Mulan Film Soundtrack)
3. Not A Day Goes By – Bernadette Peters (Sondheim! The Birthday Concert)
4. Hello, Goodbye – The Beatles
5. Dan Les Bouges La Nuit – Mistinguett
6. ‘I’m only staying four days’ – Passion (2013 New York Revival)
7. Amor – Nine (1992 London Concert Cast)
8. Over the Rainbow (Reprise) – The Wizard of Oz (2000 Australian Revival)
9. Pretty Lady – Pacific Overtures (2004 Broadway Revival Cast)
10. When You’re Scared of Dogs – The Grates (Teeth Lost, Hearts Won)
… while I have a lot of cast recordings, I swear I do listen to other music.
Thinkin Bout You (Frank Ocean Cover) - Kiah Victoria
itsthom has noted my inner internet narcissist, and consequently tagged me in this six selfies chain thing. I have obliged because of said narcissism.
I have selected two selfie genres for display, the book selfie and the iconic mirror selfie.
- Book selfie: Chilling with Shakespeare’s collected works on a Saturday night.
- Book selfie: Posing with my then-new glasses and copy of Eimear McBride’s A Girl is a Half-Formed Thing.
- Book selfie: My first gif selfie, featuring more books.
- Mirror selfie: Overdressed in Bunnings, featuring novelty toilet seats.
- Mirror selfie: Filling time before the opera.
- Mirror selfie: Distorting/carnival mirror selfie, featuring tipsy companion.
'We partied for about a week straight,' Hendricks told Vulture last night. Alas, the week-long party did not appear to be the kind of booze-addled free-for-all we’d see on the series. 'We’re all surprisingly into musicals,' Hendricks explained. 'There was a lot of singing of Little Shop of Horrors, ‘Defying Gravity’ [from Wicked], and a little bit of Frozen.’ Acknowledging the surprising nerd quotient, Hendricks added, ‘I wish we were cooler.’ [via Vanity Fair]
Late Saturday night/early Sunday morning I decided it would be a good idea to download Kim Kardashian’s mobile game. Three days later and Kim won’t stop texting me and wants to throw me a birthday party in Vegas, but I can’t afford that club as I’m only an E-List celebrity so I am name-dropping and brand modelling my way to the D-List, just to make Kim happy.